Friday, August 4, 2017

The Sensuous Cologne With The Black Cat...



I remember that it was advertised with a drawing of a queenly and sensuous black female cat surrounded by her kittens...

My Sin by Lanvin (1924)

MySinLanvinMy Sin is like nectar, manna. What the hell am I smelling and why is it so wonderful? Is it lilac? Neroli? Lily of the valley? Whatever the notes are, they've converged to create a sexual flower, one that is at its peak of fragrance, like  a meadow in full bloom on the hottest spring day, visited by the horniest, healthiest bees. It smells indolic, lush, overripe, decadent — fecundity in a bottle.
My Sin is a floral animalic.  "Carnal Flower," Frederick Malle's modern perfume, would be the perfect name for this perfume.
I'm realizing that the difference between modern and vintage perfumery is like the difference between polyester and velvet, between a two-dimensional photograph and a 3-D hologram, between digital and analog. Just when I didn't think a perfume could be more beautiful, My Sin knocks me over with lush, velvety, langourous flowers. My Sin is like a beautiful woman who doesn't even have to try. All eyes are on her. Wicked, sweet, sensual. And again, she's not even my type.
Top notes: Aldehydes, lemon, bergamot, clary sage
Heart notes: Neroli, jasmine, clove, rose, Muguet (Lily of the Valley), jonquil, ylang-ylang, lilac
Base notes: Vetiver, vanilla, musk, woods, tolu, styrax, civet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post...

The Cutest Senior Cat Village... :D